Big Shots Next West Virginia
Dates: May 18-19, 2019
Age Groups: 8th Grade, 13U, 12U Boys & Girls – USA Open Basketball Qualifier
Cost: $295 (14U-8U)
Discounts available in BIG SHOTS Packs
Headquarter Location: TEAMS (Coaches) MUST CHECK IN AT HEADQUARTERS 1 HOUR PRIOR TO FIRST GAME TO GET COACHES BANDS AND REVIEW ROSTER.
(8th Grade/13U) – University High School – 131 Bakers Ridge Rd, Morgantown, WV 26508
(12U-8U) : WVU Recreational Center – 2001 Rec Center Dr, Morgantown, WV 26506
Registration Deadline: May 8
Schedule Release: May 16
Tourney Machine Roster Submission: Click Here
The following groupings of play at Big Shots Next West Virginia serve as an Official Qualifier to the USA Basketball 2018 U.S. Open Basketball Championships: 8th grade boys, 13U boys and 12U boys. Teams will select to enter the Stars or Stripes division within each grouping of play. The Stars division best suits established and competitive club travel teams while the Stripes division is offered for locally based, or newly formed, club and recreational teams. The first and second place teams from each group and division will earn a bid to enter the 2018 U.S. Open Basketball Championships for boys on June 30-July 3 in Westfield, Indiana. Third and fourth place teams will receive waitlist bids should first and second place teams not accept their bids.
Age and Grade Groupings
• 8th Grade: Enrolled in 8th grade or lower as of October 1, 2017 AND cannot turn 16 prior to September 1, 2018.
• 13U: Cannot turn 14 prior to September 1, 2018 (this is an age division, grade exceptions are not permitted).
• 12U: Cannot turn 13 prior to September 1, 2018 (this is an age division, grade exceptions are not permitted).
Divisions of Competition
• Stars: Established and competitive club travel teams
• Stripes: Locally-based, or newly formed, club and recreational teams
It is the responsibility of the head coach to provide age and grade (if applicable) verification for players at any time throughout the event. Permitted forms of player age verification include birth certificates, passports and government-issued IDs (originals, hard copies or digital copies).
Permitted forms of player grade verification include school-issued report cards or school administrator confirmation of grade issued on school letterhead (originals, hard copies or digital copies).
Coach License Requirement
All coaches and bench personnel participating in the 8th grade, 13U or 12U divisions must have a valid USA Basketball Coach License on file with USA Basketball prior to the start of the event. The coach license process requires successfully passing a background check which generally takes 7-10 business days to process. To obtain a coach license, visit https://community.usab.com/ or Click HERE
It is the responsibility of the head coach to provide verification of coach licensure at any time throughout the event. Once licensed, set your online coach account profile to “public” view for real-time verification of licensure onsite. Only actively licensed coaches are permitted on the bench to coach.
This tournament will be played by National Federation of State High School Associations rules.
• For a full list of National Federation of State High School Associations rules click HERE
All Teams MUST check-in at Headquarters of WVU Recreational Center. Teams will need the following items at check-in and will need to have access to until the event concludes:
- Complete and print Roster
- Provide proof of Birth Certificates & Report Card of players
- Teams will receive 2 coaching bands per team.
- Coach’s name must be on the team roster to receive band.
- Coaching bands are to be worn the entire weekend.
- Teams that fail to check-in will not be allowed to participate.
WVU Recreation Center, University High School
$25 Tournament Pass / $15 Day Pass